PDA

View Full Version : View Colors

bocaaxim
19th May 2006, 11:22 AM
I recently upgraded to v8.0 for Windows 2002/2003. I have discovered at least two problems in changing colors. Reinstalling the program has not fixed these problems. What do I do next?

1-In Today View, when I designate an appointment as Tentative, it does not show the color that I selected in Colos: Today View.

2-I am unable to change any of the colors using Colors: Contacts View.

Alex_DevOne
24th May 2006, 10:27 AM
In version 8.04 (Windows Mobile 5 only build) we resolved an issue where colors for tentative and out of office events were reversed in month view. This should also be addressed in the next Pocket PC 2002/2003 build which hopefully be ready in a few weeks.

As far as the Contact view colors, which specific settings are you having trouble with?

bocaaxim
24th May 2006, 04:31 PM
Alex,

I am using v8.0 for Windows 2002/2003 on a Dell Axim 5.

The fix you are working on for Tentative color is for Month view. I cannot get any color for Tentative than for Busy in Today View.

As for Contacts View. I cannot change the color of Background (Alternate Rows). It is set at the color the program was installed with. Each contact is the same color. It is white on the left side of the screen and as you look more towards the right of the screen, the background is light blue and their are a number of darker blue stripes in each contact. (Its not that it isn't nice looking, but I want to get back to where I was in earlier versions, with alternating background colors >g). Also, there is an option to change the contacts list splitter bar, that can't be changed either.

There may be others, but they haven't bothered me.

Mark

P.S. While you are working on changes, here is one I have submitted a couple of times in the past. On the Customize menu, under Calendar Tasks, there is a menu pick for sorting the tasks. I would LOVE to be able to sort by Category. So, for instance, all my telephine calls are listed together.

Alex,

I am using v8.03 for Windows 2002/2003 on a Dell Axim 5.

Quick follow up to my last reply (that hasn't appeared as yet). I just upgraded to V 8.03. When I looked at my Contacts View I still had the same problem. I fooled around a bit and when I went to a one line display MY colors were there! In the two line display, the original white and blue lines were there.

Is this news for you guys?

Mark

Developer One Support
25th May 2006, 12:16 PM
1. You are correct, you need the Contacts View single line display to use the alternate colors feature. 2. Thank you for the Category sort suggestion for Tasks. Are you aware that you can filter any view by Category? Simply go to the filter/cone icon in the bottom right of the view you are in and choose the category that you wish to view by. You can set that as a Created Filter to use later if you wish, and you can quickly go back to full view by tapping the filter/cone icon again and choosing Show All.