PDA

View Full Version : Tasks and Calendar View Issue in 1.00.3282

downinfl
22nd November 2006, 03:23 PM
I am running 1.00.3282 on a Cingular 3125, Active Synch'ed to Outlook 2007 B2TR. Agenda One is so much better than MS's WM5 default - I love it!

Two issues are nagging at me:

- Tasks: I currently have 31 tasks active in Outlook. I see all active tasks when using the WM5 applet to access them on the phone, but Agenda One is only picking up and displaying 4 of the 31. There appears to be no rhyme or reason for the 4 it picks up - the only commonalities are that they are next month (8 days away) or later for due dates, and it's always the same 4. I have tasks that recur weekly which never appear on Agenda One. Nearly all my tasks recur in Outlook, and the 4 that show up are recurring tasks. I have checked all the filters and options, and changed every setting every way I can think of, yet those same 4 tasks continually appear and the others don't. I have even deleted and re-entered every task in Outlook: no help there.

- Calendar display: I have set Agenda One to appear in the week (7-day) view when opened, yet it will only open in the Today view. I can then switch to the week view without problem - I just can't get it to open there despite what the setting option says.

Any thoughts or fixes?

Developer One Support
27th November 2006, 03:15 PM
--- Are you referring to tasks in the Task view or in the calendar views not showing? In either case, go into the view you are having trouble with and review your settings there for task-related settings. If that does not give you an answer, go to View All Options from any settings menu and then choose 'Calendar Settings' where you will find "Calendar Task Sorting" to set those. The ultimate test is -- if you can see the tasks in the default Pocket Outlook views (not Agenda One), then the items are on your device and you should be able to see them in Agenda One also.

--- If you have the setting correct at Options, Global Settings, Startup view, Week, then you may need to reinstall the program OR remove/put back your device battery to refresh things.

downinfl
29th November 2006, 04:25 PM
"--- Are you referring to tasks in the Task view or in the calendar views not showing? In either case, go into the view you are having trouble with and review your settings there for task-related settings."

A: You're right. For some inane reason, only 4 of the (now 32) tasks have transferred from Outlook 2007 B2TR to the Cingular 3125. I'll have to pursue the other with M$ unless you have some ideas to try first. :(

"--- If you have the setting correct at Options, Global Settings, Startup view, Week, then you may need to reinstall the program OR remove/put back your device battery to refresh things."

A: I have attempted the battery-removal option with no change in results. If I uninstall then reinstall, is any data in jeopardy? Is there a way to save my other settings?:eek:

Thanks for the assist! It's a great program!

Alex_DevOne
30th November 2006, 04:25 PM
If I uninstall then reinstall, is any data in jeopardy? Is there a way to save my other settings?:eek:

Thanks for the assist! It's a great program!
Agenda One can only see the Tasks that have synced to your device from Outlook. If they are not in the built in Task database on your device, reinstalling Agenda One will not make a difference. If these tasks are regenerating tasks you may not be able to sync them to Outlook Mobile.

How can I backup my Agenda One settings?
Agenda One stores all of your options and color settings in a few files that are located within the Agenda One programs folder. This is typically in the \Program Files\Agenda One folder.

The easiest way is to copy the entire Agenda One folder from your mobile device to your desktop PC using ActiveSync, or duplicating the folder on a storage card.

I've backed up my Agenda One settings and re-installed Agenda One on a new device, how can I restore my settings?

If you have backed up your data (see item above), copy your backed up Agenda One folder to the Program Files folder on your device or your storage card. Next re-install Agenda One to the same Program Files folder.

Paul0112
7th December 2006, 09:11 AM
I tried Agenda One starting last week and am going to ditch Papyrus for it. The one-handed appointment entry is great and the date and time picker blows Papyrus and extreme Agenda out of the water.

However, even after updating to the newest build, I am still plagued by the problem of the startup view always going to day view. I have it set as Week view for startup in the options and on the previous build and the newest build I still revert back into Day view. The oddest thing is that I have suppressed all but month, week, and agenda views from displaying (but yet it still opens to day view and I can then use the left soft-key to cycle through my desired views.)

Running on a Motorola Q. I have soft-reset and uninstall/reinstall with no success.

Thanks for an otherwise awesome product.

Paul

Alex_DevOne
8th December 2006, 10:06 AM
Using the Agenda One link from the Start menu or from a shortcut bar should always bring you to your defined "Startup View".

Here are some cases where we do not use the defined "Startup View" and the reasoning that goes along with it. Suppose the Startup View was set to be the Task View, and the Appointments, Contacts, and Tasks are all set to point to Agenda One. From the Home Screen if the right soft key is pressed (Contacts) we decided most people would expect to see their Contacts, so we overide the defined "Startup View" which in this example was Tasks.

Using the same example as above from the Home Screen again. If the next Appointment on the Home Screen is selected, we decided most people would want to go to a Calendar view even though the "Startup View" was Tasks. We made a judgment call to always use the Today view because it will show the most detail about the appointment.

So, even though if Agenda View is set to be the "Startup View", selecting the next Appointment on the Home Screen should always bring up the Today View. I hope this helps.