PDA

View Full Version : Task filtering

jhsidoc
28th November 2006, 02:52 PM
One of your competitors has a filter for tasks called "in progress" which Displays all Tasks that start today, are due today, are overdue, have no start and end date, or start before today and end after today. Do you have something similar or is it something in the works?

Alex_DevOne
29th November 2006, 05:10 PM
One of your competitors has a filter for tasks called "in progress" which Displays all Tasks that start today, are due today, are overdue, have no start and end date, or start before today and end after today. Do you have something similar or is it something in the works?
That kind of sound like non-completed tasks.

jhsidoc
29th November 2006, 05:25 PM
Not entirely. It also filters out tasks that are due in the distant future that haven't started yet.

RAlfieri
29th November 2006, 06:40 PM
I have seen where undated (no start date) tasks are not being displayed in any day other than the day due. There needs to be the ability to display these tasks every day. Right now my workaround is to have a start date of the day I put the task into the calendar with a due date entered.

Regards,
Rob

Alex_DevOne
30th November 2006, 04:37 PM
I have seen where undated (no start date) tasks are not being displayed in any day other than the day due. There needs to be the ability to display these tasks every day. Right now my workaround is to have a start date of the day I put the task into the calendar with a due date entered.

Regards,
RobThis is by design. If there is no start or due date it will only show on "Today". If there is no start date but a due date it will only show on the due date. If you want it to display every day your solution above (have a start date of the day I put the task into the calendar) is the proper way to handle this.

skydve1
1st December 2006, 07:46 AM
This is by design. If there is no start or due date it will only show on "Today". If there is no start date but a due date it will only show on the due date. If you want it to display every day your solution above (have a start date of the day I put the task into the calendar) is the proper way to handle this.

I'm running into this 'issue' too...

I'm syncing with Goldmine on my PC.
With Goldmine, you enter your task for a particular date (start date), and if you don't complete it, it carries forward until you either complete it or delete it.

It would be nice to have this as an option in Agenda One - where it initially displays a task on the start date, and if there's no due date associated, carries it forward purpetually until you delete it,

I can live with it for now, it just requires a lot more manual maintenance where I have to manually move my uncompleted tasks forward in Goldmine then re-sync.

jhsidoc
4th December 2006, 10:06 AM
Alex, getting back to what I was asking, I would like a view in the task window which would show all past due items, all items due today and those in the future only if the start day has passed. Is that possible now or is there something in the works for this?

Also, on my Blackjack, even though I have different colors chosen under preferences for tasks which are current, overdue or in the future, they all show up the same color. Are those colors supposed to represent the color of the text or the color of a highlight? The text is showing up black in all cases and there is no differentiating color. Thanks, Jan

Alex_DevOne
4th December 2006, 02:11 PM
Alex, getting back to what I was asking, I would like a view in the task window which would show all past due items, all items due today and those in the future only if the start day has passed. Is that possible now or is there something in the works for this?

Also, on my Blackjack, even though I have different colors chosen under preferences for tasks which are current, overdue or in the future, they all show up the same color. Are those colors supposed to represent the color of the text or the color of a highlight? The text is showing up black in all cases and there is no differentiating color. Thanks, Jan
This is not currently possible. For Task Priority and Appointment Status Colors to take effect you have to set "Menu - Options - View All Options - Global - Text Color" to "Color by Status"

jhsidoc
6th December 2006, 08:00 PM
Got it thanks. OK, so my next question is is there a way to view the due date for the task on one line with the task description itself? I can't seem to figure out the difference between compressed mode and multi-line items on the options, but it seems that neither will allow you to view the task along with the due date on the same line;:confused: is that correct?

Developer One Support
7th December 2006, 10:32 AM
You are correct, having all the information on one line is not available at this time, I have submitted your suggestion to the developers.