Developer One Windows Mobile Software  

Go Back   Developer One Windows Mobile Software > CodeWallet Pro 2005/2006 for Pocket PC, Smartphone, Desktop & USB devices > Ask all of your CodeWallet Pro 2005 and 2006 questions here
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 18th November 2008, 06:27 AM

Default Disappearing text in landscape

Hello,

I have a problem with CodeWallet Pro that text disappears in landscape.

When I switch to landscape in the map display I don't see the names of the maps or cards. And also when I edit a card in landscape I don't see the text in the field that I'm editing.

It happened after I upgraded to WM6.1

I bought CodeWallet 2005 on Jan 9 2006 and am happy with it. First I had a HTC Wizard and now a HTC Tytn II.

My CodeWallet Pro version is 5.31

I tried several registry changes (like Cleartype/OffOnRotation) but no success.

PLEASE DONT TELL ME to upgrade because this is the 1st time I need support. Shortly after I bought CW you brought out CW 2006 and I had to pay if wanted to upgrade, with hardly any benefits for me. So I was angry then.
Since then I have been waiting for a new version that would justify paying again.
CW 2005 served me well (and I hope it will), but when I have to pay again the competition might be better a better choice right now!
Old 18th November 2008, 11:09 AM
Customer Services

The very old version of CodeWallet that you have (which is more than 3 years old) is not compatible with the new operating system on your device. You will find with most WM software that you need to have the current version of the software in order to use it on a WM6.1 device so that it will work on that new OS. We are not aware of any users that have been able to use the old 5.x versions successfully without numerous problems on a WM6.1 device. You have chosen to upgrade the device to WM6.1, so now all of your software will need to be updated as well. We have also upgraded all of our software to be compatible to the new OS, but you have to use the current versions. The upgrade is only $14.95 US and you will find that information on our website,

http://www.developerone.com/codewalletpro/purchase.htm#upgrade
Old 18th November 2008, 11:12 AM
Customer Services

Some users will experience the ClearType issue in any software on WM6.1 because the Windows Mobile 6.1 does not support ClearType in landscape mode. This is an operating system problem, not a problem in CodeWallet. Please change the ClearType setting in the Touch device. This should fix the issue. The setting on your device will be found by going toStart > Settings > System tab, > Screen, choose Clear Type tab.

Old 20th November 2008, 12:26 PM

I am using CodeWalletPro 6.62 and WinMob6.1 and the text is completely garbled in landscape mode with ClearType off. At this point (once I found the note to turn ClearType off in some other forums for this sort of problem) I think CodeWallet is the only program that is still showing garbled text in landscape mode.

I'd be happy to try some registry settings or play around with some options and while this isn't a hugely critical issue (I can, of course, flip to portrait mode) it is an annoyance.
Old 20th November 2008, 02:15 PM
Customer Services

The developers will be addressing that for the devices affected in a future upgrade. Not sure when that upgrade will be, so for those users that the fix does not work, use CodeWallet in portrait mode. Our apology for the inconvenience.
Old 22nd November 2008, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally
I am using CodeWalletPro 6.62 and WinMob6.1 and the text is completely garbled in landscape mode with ClearType off. At this point (once I found the note to turn ClearType off in some other forums for this sort of problem) I think CodeWallet is the only program that is still showing garbled text in landscape mode.
I should amend this, I am also having this problem in Agenda One. Though most text is fine in landscape mode in AO, entering text into a textbox is garbled.
Old 24th November 2008, 10:58 AM
Customer Services

Please change the ClearType setting in the Agenda One program. Also change the ClearType setting in the device if necessary. This should fix the issue.
You will find the ClearType setting in Agenda One by choosing Menu >
Options > View All Options > Global Settings, there see the setting
"Display Cleartype" and change the setting. The setting on your device
will be found by going to Start > Settings > System tab, > Screen,
choose Clear Type tab.
Old 24th November 2008, 09:33 PM

This did fix Agenda One after making the change and then quitting AO and starting it up again. Thanks for the help!
Old 27th November 2008, 09:11 AM

Question Card Level Sync Not Working

This one has me really at a loss....

I have been using v 6.62 on my device (Dell Axim x51v), and version 6.5 on my PC. PC is running Win XP with SP3. Active Sync v 4.5.

I have had the CW sync set up for some time now. Recently I noted that the card in which I maintain a list of passwords used at work was not showing the updates which were made on the PC in the PPC copy of the card.

This card is one level down from a 'folder' in CW Pro, among about 15 other cards in that folder.

First I tried just making another change on the PC to that card, but it still didn't sync.

Next I upgraded the version on the PC to 6.62. That didn't help.

Then I deleted the card on the PPC; no change - card remained on the PC and was not sync'd to the PPC.

I finally deleted the card on the PC as well, did a sync, then re-created the card on the PC, copying the saved (in a text file) information back to the new card on the PC. It still doesn't sync.

I have created new cards, and made changes in other cards in this wallet and with the exception of this one card things seem to sync properly. I have not done a complete comparison on every card in the wallet yet (there are about 160 or so cards in my wallet).

Other than doing a complete uninstall/reinstall on both platforms, do you have any advice?

Oh, and you should know that I had been running just fine with Activesync syncing my Files because I placed the CW wallets in another location besides in My Documents under this PPC folder. However to eliminate that as a possible issue I also discontinued syncing Files in Activesync, to no avail.

Thank you for any and all assistance!

P.S. - today is Thanksgiving in the US. Let me take this opportunity to again thank you, your developers, and all of the staff at DeveloperOne for making this fine application available and for providing excellent support!

Regards,

Mark
Old 1st December 2008, 10:37 AM
Customer Services

Upgrading the PC is all that should have been necessary. You must have the exact same version on both the device and the desktop in order for the sync to work properly. After you upgraded the desktop license to 6.62, open/close all of the wallet files, including the Sample Wallets which have a password of 123.

First, be sure that you have the current 6.62 version on both the device and PC, then review your Sync Settings that are found in the Desktop version by opening a wallet file and then choosing File > Sync Settings. Note that you MUST have the wallet files on the PC located in the folder which is listed in the Sync Settings as "Sync Folder" window, so if you have moved the files then either move them back OR change what is listed in the Sync Folder window there in the settings.

Once you have the settings reviewed and changed, then take your device and remove all the wallet files from there so that you can sync the desktop wallet files onto the device. Once you have only the CodeWallet program on the device, then connect it to your PC and sync the wallet files from your PC to the device.