Developer One Windows Mobile Software  

Go Back   Developer One Windows Mobile Software > All other Developer One software titles
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16th May 2008, 10:56 AM

Default Activesync

With ActiveSync 4.2 Dutch language you can set any week before and after at 0,1,2,4,12,... (second bullet in Options). But this is only for future syncs and does not thrink the present appointment database on my pda, which is now 1,17 MB so rather big. Can I delete this one and sync with a limited window?
Old 16th May 2008, 11:33 AM
Customer Services

Please contact ActiveSync tech support so they can help you resolve this. We are not sync experts and are not familiar if and what the differences are in the Dutch version 4.2 and the English 4.5 versions that we use.
Old 13th July 2009, 05:06 PM

Default IFitOne feature request: Heat Map view

I would love to see a time-series heatmap view of all of the metrics I am tracking in IfitOne. The fact that IFO already assigns heatmap-style color coding to the daily metrics results seems to suggest that this feature is already on the roadmap, but I'll advocate for it nonetheless.

Tracking my progress on each of the metrics over time would show me whether I am improving, or losing ground on the day-to-day decisions that go into losing weight (and improving productivity). This is far more useful than showing me if I am gaining or losing weight.

An example - I am tracking quality and duration of sleep, as well as several factors that contribute to sleep quality: caffeine intake, sugar, night snacks, exercise. I want to see what the trends are for these factors over time, rather then having to look at each day separately. Several of these factors can have multi-day impacts, for example (e.g. caffeine).

I _really_ love IFitOne, and have started trying to convince my friends (and my spouse!) that this tool makes tracking my daily scorecard easier than any app I have seen since I built my own using HandDBase back in the 90's.

Keep up the good work, and let me know if you need a beta tester for new versions!
Old 13th July 2009, 05:09 PM

Default IFitOne feature request: Desktop views

IfitOne is a fantastic app, but it would be a huge improvement if the data could be synced to my desktop for viewing and analysis. I would love to be able to take the data and export the charts to my facebook account, e.g. (possibly with some sanitizing). The heatmaps of the various metrics would be _ideal_ to post to facebook, so my friends could help hold me accountable for making good choices.

Thanks for all the hard work - I have become a serious fanboy since I found the customizable metrics feature!

CW
Old 13th July 2009, 05:26 PM

Default IFitOne: user community?

I would love to have a discussion forum/community for IFitOne users to share their strategies with the tool. As an example, here is the current schema I am using for my IFitOne metrics - how are other users using the tool?

My target is improved personal productivity, with weight management as a side-effect. I have defined a number of personal metrics to track my daily decisions, events that cause stress, and my productivity, and would love to share those with others with similar goals.

Is there a place to do this (besides the moribund support forums) ?
Am I the only fanboy to date ?
Old 13th July 2009, 05:54 PM

Default IFitOne: Bug: Adding or changing metric breaks historical data

When I add a new metric to IFitOne, it 'breaks' the historical data, which makes the summary data useless.

Example: Assume I have 4 metrics (A,B,C,and D), with data for 1 month, then add a new metric (B.1) so there are now 5: A,B,B.1,C,D
When I export data, I will get a spreadsheet for the past month, with all 5 values recorded for each day. However, the values will not be aligned correctly:
A has data for A
B has data for B
B.1 has historical data for C (!)
C has historical data for D (!)
D has no historical data

In the summary page, D will also show 0% met, and B.1 will have a completion percentage even though I haven't entered any data for it.

There are other failure modes for this bug:
If I change the threshold for a metric (e.g. from "no more than 2" to "no more than 3"), the threshold is applied to all historical data as well. This also affects the summary screens - the metric will show a much higher completion percentage than it should.

This bug is particularly painful since I tinker with the metrics weekly, as I learn more factors that are relevant to my goals, or decide that there are factors which are no longer relevant. I effectively don't get any benefit from the history and summary functions.
Old 13th July 2009, 06:01 PM

Default IFitOne: Bug: Deleting data also deletes metrics customization

When I accidentally selected "delete all data" (I intended to "export my data", and hit confirm without realizing I had chosen the wrong option - should those really be adjacent on the menu?), I was horrified to find that all of my customized metrics had been erased, and I was stuck with the default IFitOne metrics! (actually, I am guessing that I hit the delete all data option, based on the results - I don't actually know why the app apparently reset on me...)

This is particularly frustrating, as the logs are still present on disk with the metrics defined. I had to recreate the metrics, and lost all history - sigh. It was almost a consolation that the history was all corrupt anyway because of the "failure to change historical data" bug I filed a minute ago...

Perhaps something else happened to reset the app back to factory defaults?
Old 13th July 2009, 06:25 PM

Unhappy IFitOne: Am I managing data correctly?

So, as I learn how to use the tool, I have found I need to be able to manage the data to work around some of the limits in the tool.

Bug: IFO will corrupt the history of any metrics after the point of insertion if I try to insert them in the list.
Workaround: I only add new metrics at the _end_ of the list. Unfortunately, this breaks my sorting for my metrics (by type).
Anything smarter that I can try?

Bug: IFO includes corrupted history in calculating success percentages on the "Daily Goals Met" screens. (corruption caused by changing schema metrics at various points over the past 2 months).

Workaround 1 (Failed):
I tried to use the "date range" function to only consider newer data. However, the Daily Goals Met screens don't use the "date range" restriction - they appear to include all of history regardless of the "date range" I have selected (success percentages don't change no matter what I select).

Workaround 2: I deleted the log files for the dates prior to my schema change. This seemed to work - the success percentages are correct for the remaining history. It was sad to lose my progress on weight from that prior period, though.

+ Any better way of restricting the data that is used in the application
+ Is there any way to edit the log files to fix corrupted data? Editing the data using the UI is tedious when you have more than a week's data or so...

And, I am also interested to know if the support forums are active any more? Any chance of getting a support forum for IFitOne any time soon?

Last edited by Developer One Support : 14th July 2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old 13th July 2009, 10:08 PM

Talking IFitOne facebook group

I created a "fans of IFitOne" facebook group, to share ideas with other fans (in the event that there _are_ any other fans :-).

http://www.facebook.com/groups/crea...id=101799329802

Would it be possible to get permission to use the IFitOne image as the image for the group? I took the liberty of uploading it, but will take it down if there are copyright concerns.
Old 14th July 2009, 10:55 AM
Customer Services

Thank you for the Facebook page, you have our permission to use the logo as you have posted or any of the screenshots from our website, etc.

The developers are not considering heat maps or a desktop version at this time, but your suggestions have been provided to them for consideration as they do future review for iFitOne.

This feature may solve the need that you have to save your status images to post or share via e-mail in lieu of showing it on your desktop ------------

Saving Images or Sending them by E-mail
iFitOne makes it easy to capture any of the displays as an image and save as an image file or to send to yourself or someone else via e-mail. From the Menu in iFitOne, select Image > Save or E-mail.

When saving an image, you will be shown a confirmation telling you where the image has been stored on your device. The image name includes the name of the iFitOne view as well as the date and time that you captured the image.

When sending the image as an email attachment, the image will be saved. You will then be prompted to select an e-mail account to use to send the e-mail.

We are not experiencing the bugs that you have posted and no other user has reported these, the developers will need to test your details as time permits.