Developer One Windows Mobile Software  

Go Back   Developer One Windows Mobile Software > Agenda Fusion v7/v8 > Ask all of your Agenda Fusion 8.x questions here
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 15th February 2008, 05:34 PM

Default Agenda One vs. Agenda Fusion

What is the difference between these two programs? Is there a comparison chart? I have a Treo 700wx.

Thanks
Old 17th February 2008, 06:23 PM
Customer Services

Agenda One vs. Agenda Fusion

Agenda One is a simplified version of Agenda Fusion, and Agenda One has stylus-free functionality for users that prefer that. Agenda Fusion will have more detailed functions and more features that many power users prefer. Also, Agenda One will run from a memory card and Agenda Fusion will not. Agenda Fusion will only work on Pocket PC/Pocket PC Phone devices and Agenda One will only work on Windows Mobile 5 devices, both Smartphone or Pocket PC/Phone.

You will find a comparison page on our website,

http://www.developerone.com/agendaone/compare.htm

Old 30th March 2009, 03:05 PM

Default Why change to A1 from AF?

I have wandered through your web site and read the differences pages. I have been using AF for many years and do not really want to change. However, I am on the verge (three months left on current cell contract) of jumping to a smartphone - probably an HTC (Touch) or Samsung (Omnia) variety of a WM6 platform.
I really like the powerful calendar features of AF, and as a clergyman I have a rather full calendar, along with three parishes' worth of contact information (catagories are a must on contacts). So...
Why would I consider changing to A1?
Old 30th March 2009, 03:26 PM
Customer Services

The information just above your post here is a good comparison of the two programs. We recommend that most users run both Agenda Fusion and Agenda One trial versions to be sure that you are choosing the one that best meets your needs. If you get a Pocket PC or PPC Phone type of device like the Touch devices or the Omnia, you can use either Agenda Fusion or Agenda One. It is only those who migrate to a Smartphone device (WM Standard) that can only use Agenda One. Ultimately, which one you choose depends on your personal needs. Many power users prefer Agenda Fusion because of it's many detailed features. Agenda One users prefer the stylus-free functionality and the simlified features. Note that on the Touch devices, with their custom touch-flo technology, we will not be making modifications to Agenda Fusion for this, it is impossible. However, the developers are continuing to make modifications for these specific device challenges in Agenda One and will continue to going forward. Let us know any other questions you may have on this. The best way to decide will be to run both programs on the device that you get and see how the programs perform with your other software, etc.
Old 29th April 2009, 11:19 AM

Default Migrating?

I have used Agenda One on my smartphone for some time. I recently got a new device (i910 Omnia) with touch screen. I installed the new PPC capable Agenda One and it works fine. I am thinking of putting in the more feature rich Fusion. How difficult is the migration? I also run Spb products, including Mobile Shell. Are there gotchas in puttin Fusion into that environment?
Old 29th April 2009, 08:58 PM
Customer Services

Agenda Fusion will work on your device, you can simply download the trial version to see if you prefer Agenda Fusion before you purchase it. Agenda Fusion must be installed to the main memory only on the device. There is nothing tricky that you need to know about using Agenda Fusion on your device.