Developer One Windows Mobile Software  

Go Back   Developer One Windows Mobile Software > Agenda One for Windows Mobile > Ask All of your Agenda One questions here
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 5th July 2009, 06:12 AM

Default ABC Searchbar in Contacts & Problems with Diamond 2

Hello,

i tried the Agenda One and it is a great software ecept the contact-appliction:

The search funktion as written in the FAQ not works really good on my device. With the Diamond2 Keybord i have alwas to hide the keyboard to process the search or i have to change to the default windows-mobile keybord. with this the search works partly but this is to small to type with the fingers!. it is not possible to search in all number, mobile numbers not working.

So i think AgendaOne needs a refresh of the contacts app für Touch-Devices - the it would be the best Solution existing now on the Market.

1. To DeveloperOne: Is the a Chance to get the enhancements

2. To All: Please vote here with your answer if you have the same opinion!

Thx
MyPass
Old 7th July 2009, 12:17 PM
Customer Services

The Smart Search feature will also search mobile phone numbers, as long as those phone numbers are in the Mobile Phone field of the contact. If you are doing the Smart Search and those numbers are not being recognized, maybe soft reset your device to refresh it and then also check to see what you have the Preferred Text Entry setting set to, maybe you need to change that to T9 or T9 predictive. To find the Preferred Text Entry setting, go in A1 to choose Menu > Options > View All Options > Global Settings, there scroll down to find "Preferred Text Entry".
Old 7th July 2009, 04:55 PM

Default partly correkt

Hello,

yes, you are right it search in mobile numbers and in other number fields.

But i have stored a lot of business-contacts in my device and from a lot of them i know the last 3 or 4 digits as an "direct call" (sorry, donīt know the right word in english..)

When the number is stored like +496681234-567 it doesnīt find the contact if i type only 567, i have to type i.e. "6681" and then it findīs the contact. Seems the App works with a search expression "###%" and not as i need like "%###%".

Maybe there is a change to get in option to switch on or off such a search-mode, it would be very usefull if you have a lot of contacts from any big companys an the numbers are only diferent at the last digits.

Bye
MyPass

HTC Topaz (Diamond2)
Testversion of CM 2 Beta
Old 8th July 2009, 02:35 PM
Customer Services

If you want to search these types of numbers by entering only the last 3 numbers, you will need to enter the phone # in the contact data with a space before those 3 numbers, maybe have a space instead of the dash that you show, and then the Smart Search feature will recognize those 3 numbers when you enter them, the space before them is the key.
Old 8th July 2009, 05:35 PM

Ok, it works but itīs not really funny to change approx. 800 contacts.

You donīt give any commets about a ABC searchbar, so i thing there is no plan or chance to get this function. iīm not happy about it. maybe you should take a test on a Touch Diamond II or similar. The keybord isnīt really fingerfriendly - for searching contacts with AgendaOne you have always use the stylus.

maybe also take a look to the new Resco ContactManager Beta 2. The searchbar make fun to work with it - but this tool doesnīt have any timemanager-funtions...

rgds
MyPass
Old 10th July 2009, 09:35 AM
Customer Services

We have the ABC search bar in Agenda Fusion. We do not have it in Agenda One because Agenda One has Smart Search which will search your list much faster than using an alphabet bar. Most devices allow you to also scroll through the alphabet on the screen, as you start to scroll down in the contact list, wait a few seconds and you will see the letters flash on the screen where you can scroll the alphabet quickly if that is what you prefer.