Developer One Windows Mobile Software  

Go Back   Developer One Windows Mobile Software > Agenda Fusion v7/v8 > Ask all of your Agenda Fusion 8.x questions here
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10th July 2009, 03:05 AM

Default HP ipaq 214 & AF8

AF8 is great but I am finding it is very slow. Is this my machine HP ipaq 214 or AF8? Trying to enter appointments in diary during a meeting is murder - have to switch to Pocket Outlook calendar to move around more quickly, then back to AF8 afterwards. I have coloured & icon image categories for my appointments which looks great but does it slow things down? I have 500 diary items plus 70 annually recurring items. Is it the quantity of stuff being loaded each time I move to another date or what? It is very frustrating. I am wondering if it is HP ipag 214 problem. Is there anyone out there who uses the same machine with AF8? Would love to hear from you. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 10th July 2009, 11:46 AM
Customer Services

We have not had users report issues on that device. Usually when users find Agenda Fusion to run slowly on any device (which is rare), the reason is one or more of the following --

1. Agenda Fusion is on the memory card of the device, that must be removed -- only run Agenda Fusion from the main memory of the device. If there is a 2nd download on the storage card in addition to the main memory, that must also be removed from the storage card.
2. Too many programs running in the background when running Agenda Fusion.
3. Device is low on working or storage memory.
4. Too much data loading for a specific view, for example many thousands of contacts will make the contact view run slowly in any program, the volume of what is being loaded takes a bit longer.
5. Too many filters in a certain view makes views load more slowly. If the view must read too many parameters with the data before it allows you into that view, this can take more time.