Developer One Windows Mobile Software  

Go Back   Developer One Windows Mobile Software > Agenda Fusion v7/v8 > Ask all of your Agenda Fusion 8.x questions here
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11th May 2009, 09:40 AM

Default Hyperlink for phone numbers in appointments

Hello,

I send appointments from my work computer to my phone and accept them into the calendar. When I look at the appointment in the default calendar, it shows all the phone numbers in the title and body as a hyperlink that when you tap will auto dial that number.

When I pull that same appointment up in my Fusion 8, none of the numbers are hyperlinked. Is this something that can be turned on, if not, is this a feature that you would/are considering to put into the next release?

Thanks.
Old 11th May 2009, 12:47 PM
Customer Services

Are the items created on your desktop PC or server created in Outlook, or is it another program? Have you checked the Notes field in Agenda Fusion to see if the links end up there?

Also, what device are you using and which 8.x version of Agenda Fusion? thank you
Old 17th June 2009, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Developer One Support
Are the items created on your desktop PC or server created in Outlook, or is it another program? Have you checked the Notes field in Agenda Fusion to see if the links end up there?

Also, what device are you using and which 8.x version of Agenda Fusion? thank you

I use an HTC Mogul running windows mobile 6.1
I use Agenda Fusion 8.70

When I receive the email for the appointment, all numbers are hyperlinked. When I accept the appointment in my calendar, all hyperlinks are removed. I use Outlook to create the appointment, then send an appointment request to an email account that my phone checks.
As far as I can tell, no hyperlinks remain in the appointment once it converts from the email to the calendar appointment.
Old 17th June 2009, 03:14 PM
Customer Services

Yes, once you accept the e-mail the hyperlinks are removed. Actually, the same thing happens if you sync the calendar item from your PC to your device, the sync process does not carry the contact links. We have not seen an occasion where the default device calendar is able to display them, we are not able to duplicate that. We don't have control over ActiveSync, so we are not able to fix this issue. For this reason, users that need this type of quick access to calling their contacts from the calendar will create most of their appts and tasks on the device itself. Within Agenda Fusion when you do this, you see a chain-link icon next to the subject line in your calendar displays, simply tapping on that twice gets you to the place where you can dial one of the contact persons linked to that appt or task.
Old 18th June 2009, 06:35 AM

The reason I don't make the appointments on the device is because I cover a geographical area for sales. I have over a thousand clients and 10,000 contacts. I don't want that information in my device which is why I make the appointments from my laptop. I do understand that the removal of the links is on the Microsoft side. I just wish it didn't or there was a way to one touch dial displayed numbers within tasks or appointments from Agenda.