Developer One Windows Mobile Software  

Go Back   Developer One Windows Mobile Software > Power Calendar v2 for Windows Mobile 2003 Smartphone > Bug Reports
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12th March 2006, 06:39 PM

Default Power Tasks does not open after a week's worth of success

Phone: Audiovox Smartphone
Operating system: Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition
Accessories: 256 meg memory card

Problem: (apologize if repeat but rec'd "not authorized to post" after registering and signing on with all "rules" showing "may")

Purchased and installed Power Tasks after a trial period of 3 days. Ran beautifully for about a week. Decided to try Power Calendar. It too ran nicely for a few days. However, just before I was to purchase Pwr Cal, it stopped functioning. When I opened PC all data was gone and the phone "froze". After shutdown and restart of phone, I attempted to open Power Tasks. It, too, did not function properly. It momentarily (less than a second) flashed the PT screen but all I could make out was the "Enter new tasks here" box, did not notice any data, then it returned to the phone Start screen. Disappointed to say the least. Tried to uninstall both then re-install. Tried to run PT without reinstalling PC and got same results. However, it let me re-register and showed prog but would not remain open. PC would not run either after it was installed (without PT). Both icons would appear on the Start bar but the progs would not run. Attempted installation using both the phone memory and the storage card.
Hope you can help because I became "addicted" to both progs in a very short time.
Old 14th March 2006, 12:11 PM
Customer Services

Default Power Tasks, Power Calendar problems

To be sure that you only have the Power Tasks and Power Calendar programs on the memory card and NOT in the device main memory any more, please do the following, --- Remove your memory card from your device, then connect your Smartphone to the PC with your cradle, USB, etc. Now open ActiveSync on your desktop PC and choose Explore. Clik open each of the folders in Mobile Device there. In the programs folder you may find Power Tasks and Power Calendar information, if you find any, delete it. Any Power Tasks and Power Calendar data can be removed since the programs are on your memory card right now (which should be removed). Once finished, disconnect your device from the PC and put the storage card back in and run the programs.
Old 17th March 2006, 02:27 PM

Default Still not able to reinstall either Cal or Tsk

Device: Audiovox SMT5600
Op sys: Windows Mobile 2003 ver Two

Have done all suggested multiple times attempting to eliminate all traces of previous installations. Still no success with reinstall of either. Don't know if it would make any difference but even attempted, after uninstall, to use the .CAB file procedure. Did not re-install correctly. To clarify again... originally installed via ActiveSync. Had tried, liked very much, purchased and registered Power Tasks. Was using PwrTsks so downloaded Pwr Cal to try. Installed it via ActiveSync and used it for about 3 days and liked it. Then one morning, having no apparently unusual incidents, I tried to open Pwr Cal and it opened, showing no data and froze my phone. After restarting, I could not open Pwr Tsks either. It would appear to start to open then just go away. I attempted to uninstall each then re-install. That's when problems really began. Could not reinstall. All msgs indicated install occured successfully but progs would never open correctily. Once they got past the registration screen after either registering or saying continue, they would flash very briefly w/no data then they would shut down. Prog names and icons were on the device but they were useless.

I know the Windows Mobile 2003 ver 2 software has a registry. Is there something remaining in the registry, not clearing with the uninstalls, that is causing a conflict or in some other way prohibiting the re-install. In the control panel of my laptop (running Windows XP Prof), the Developer One PC and PT still show and will not "uninstall" with the msg "Could not open INSTALL.LOG file." Tasks show "0.31MB" and Calendar shows "0.35MB".

As I've said before I'd love to be able to use your software again. Hope you can help.

Thanks
Old 18th March 2006, 09:49 PM

Default Prob remains

SMT5600, Windows Mobile 2003 SE, most current PTasks and PCalendar
Any help from support re: previous posts. I do have a printout of the setup log for latest failed attempt at re-installing apps.
Thanks
Old 22nd March 2006, 01:53 PM
Customer Services

Default Power Tasks/Power Calendar issues

we have directly e-mailed a CAB file for you to load and report back to us