Developer One Windows Mobile Software  

Go Back   Developer One Windows Mobile Software > CodeWallet Pro 2005/2006 for Pocket PC, Smartphone, Desktop & USB devices > Ask all of your CodeWallet Pro 2005 and 2006 questions here
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17th April 2006, 12:04 PM
Administrator

Default Please Post your questions in this sub-forum

You can create new threads and ask your questions in this forum. Developer One will post your most commonly asked questions in the sub forums below:

CodeWallet Pro 2005 and 2006 FAQs
Old 19th April 2006, 01:58 AM

Default Error Desktop 2006

Each time I start Desktop 2006 (upgraded from 2005) I get the following error message "Cannot create or replace Codewallet samples: Cannot find the specified path. Make sure you specify the correct path."

After installing Desktop and mobile 2006 versions I uninstalled the 2005 versions. Have I missed something here?

I do not want sample wallets, can they be deleted? I have looked for an ini file with recently opened wallets so that I could edit to remove them but cannot find it.

BTW Congrats on a great piece of software.

Thanks
Phil
Old 19th April 2006, 06:45 AM

Default CodeWallet Pro 2006 Startup Issue

After installing CodeWallet 2006 I recieve the following error on program stsrtup:

Cannot create or replace codewallet samples: cannot fine the specified path.

How do I resolve this error?
Old 19th April 2006, 11:14 AM

Default Error message by starting the new CodeWallet Pro 6 Desktop Companion

To each start this German Error message appeared: Fehler beim Kopieren der Datei oder des Ordners
CodeWallet Samples konnte nicht erstellt oder ersetzt werden. Der angebene Pfad wurde nicht gefunden.

What does it mean?

I tried the installation again. No change.

The older Version 5 works fine.

I use the German Windows XP.
Old 20th April 2006, 12:40 AM

Send a message via ICQ to loxotron2
Default Bug found

Hi,

some notes:

a) "Expanded menus" (in Mobile version) disappeared.
Even after disabling/enabling it in menu, no "Expanded menus" icons appears

b) Syncronisation speed is terrible.
Still no sense to use, especially when you do not make simultaneous changes on Desktop and Mobile device.

c) Still not fully resolved issue on Syncronisation dirs locations on mobile and desktop device.
Even if sync utility sets Desktop syns dir, I have a wallet in Mobile device /My documents which on Activesync file syncing and CW syncing gives a file sync conflict for Activesync. So that cw sync cfg utility should set also a sync dir out of /My Documents on Mobile device.
Maybe I miss something ...

d) That sync cfg utility can be launched from CW when "enable sync" checkbox is selected ?? I found that util it after an hour of using CW ))
Old 20th April 2006, 03:44 PM
Administrator

Default "Code Wallet Samples could not be created or replaced:

We have identified and resolved the issue that was causing this error message: ("Code Wallet Samples could not be created or replaced: The path was not found"...) This issue has been corrected in version 6.01 which can be downloaded from the link below:

http://www.developerone.com/codewalletpro/download.htm

Last edited by Administrator : 20th April 2006 at 04:46 PM.
Old 25th April 2006, 09:40 AM
Developer / Support

Default Re: loxotron2

Quote:
a) "Expanded menus" (in Mobile version) disappeared.
Even after disabling/enabling it in menu, no "Expanded menus" icons appears
This should be fixed in the version 6.01 release.
Quote:
Still no sense to use, especially when you do not make simultaneous changes on Desktop and Mobile device.
If you want card-level synchronization it makes sense. If all you want is file-level synch, then use MS ActiveSync. However, you may set yourself up with some conflicts and loss of info.

Quote:
c) Still not fully resolved issue on Syncronisation dirs locations on mobile and desktop device.
Even if sync utility sets Desktop syns dir, I have a wallet in Mobile device /My documents which on Activesync file syncing and CW syncing gives a file sync conflict for Activesync. So that cw sync cfg utility should set also a sync dir out of /My Documents on Mobile device.
Maybe I miss something ...
The reason that /My Documents isn't touched on the mobile device is primarily because this is the place where user documents are supposed to reside on MS mobile device. And, those who do want file level sync would be then be upset that we messed with that.
The sync utility detects conflicts on the desktop CW sync folder with any partnered ActiveSync folders. If one is detected, it will change the CW sync folder. This DOES NOT mean the ActiveSync folder will change and DOES NOT mean that ActiveSync file synchronization won't take place. It will if set to do so. You may end up with multiple copies of your wallet file on your desktop. One copy may be made by MS ActiveSync and be synced to the partnered device directory. This should not affect codewallet as long as the copy you have in the CW Sync dir isn't removed or replaced.

CW sync will likely trigger the ActiveSync file sync. Thus, CW->device->[ActiveSync] desktop is the cycle. I hope this makes sense.
Quote:
d) That sync cfg utility can be launched from CW when "enable sync" checkbox is selected ?? I found that util it after an hour of using CW
If there is a detected conflict then you will be prompted to change your current cW sync dir.
Old 25th April 2006, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxotron2

I used to be annoyed by slow sync speeds. Then, a few months ago my battery ran out and I essentially had to hard reset my Pocket PC. CW was the first app I reinstalled and I was amazed to see just how much faster the sync worked. I estimate that it used to take about 3 minutes prior to hard reset, whereas it takes less than 30 seconds now.
I am not sure what was causing the slow sync but currently I run SPB Plus and SPB Diary and the sync speed is not affected.
Perhaps a good old hard reset will do it for you, it's a Windows manchine after all
Old 3rd May 2006, 06:18 PM

Default What's changed in 6.02? Is the icon problem solved?

I was nosy what is changed in 6.02? Is my reported bug solved? The one with the changing icons?

Greetz DMT
Old 29th September 2006, 11:40 AM

Default Bug?

When I click or tap on card, it opens for editing, instead of view.

I can see view window, then close edit one (by pressing Ok).

This thing both in PPC and PC version.

Reinstalling do not solve the problem.