Developer One Windows Mobile Software  

Go Back   Developer One Windows Mobile Software > Agenda Fusion v7/v8 > Ask all of your Agenda Fusion 8.x questions here
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th August 2006, 05:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliewmc
Device: O2 XDA Atom
Software version: Agenda Fusion v8.08 Trial

Dear DO Support, I have 2 separate calendars: Home calendar (containing all personal calendar items) which I sync all items into Fusion (PDA); Business calendar which I require sync one-way into Fusion. I don't want my personal items to be seen in my business calendar which is shared out to the rest of the department!

I note that this was achieved by my Palm OS (by Intellisync).

Can Fusion configure this? Your kind response will guide my purchase decision. Thanks. cL

Agenda Fusion has nothing to do with the sync, this is handled entirely by ActiveSync on the desktop. We read and write to the Outlook Mobile databases and you choose what data you want to connect to.
Old 5th August 2006, 04:05 PM

How do I transfer my data to a new PDA? Agenda loaded fine, but now I need to migrate my info.

Thanks
Old 6th August 2006, 04:30 PM

Default using the built-in keyboard on qtek9100 nearly impossible with AF8

Hi, I'm just testing AF8.08 on my Qtek9100 (aka HTC Wizard, Orange SPV M3000, ...). As these devices have built-in keyboards with a tab button, a windows button and an "ok"-button no one uses the stylus to enter tasks, notes and calendar entries.

So at first i though AF8 is great because of it's views, but at the moment I don't think I will buy it. Problem is: It's nearly impossible to enter new items through the keyboard, you always have to grab the stylus because there's no absolutely no support for the standard button actions which normal WM5 applications have: normally "Tab"-button jumps to next field (like in WinXP, in AF8 nothing happens), cursor keys move left/up/down/right (in AF8 when selecting durations they only move left and right), the "ok"-button closes a window with a "ok"-icon (AF8 uses it's own "ok"-like windws which do not close when pressing the "ok"-button). I really hope this will change in the future cause I'd really like to use AF8 but it kills the main advantage of devices with keyboards - you don't have to use the stylus to enter data!

Would be great if you could let me know if there are any plans to support these standard button features like every other WM5 application.

Thanks a lot.

Marc
Old 6th August 2006, 04:34 PM

Default Outlook-Buttons keep changing views

Hi, I'm just testing AF8.08. As I wanted to replace Pocket Outlook I browsed through the FAQ's and found the possibility to assing AF to the pocket outlook keys. It Basically works great but what's driving me nuts is the fact the if you press the "contacts"-button if always changes the view to "agenda", no matter if AF8 is already running in the background or if it's started by this button. Is it somehow possibly to keep a specified view when using the outlook mobile buttons (or at least keep the current/last view)???

Thanks for any help.

Marc
Old 7th August 2006, 04:18 PM
Customer Services

Most of your data will go to your device when you sync the information from your destkop PC. Other settings such as colors, links, etc. will need to be reset on a new device.
Old 8th August 2006, 01:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelser
Hi, I'm just testing AF8.08 on my Qtek9100 (aka HTC Wizard, Orange SPV M3000, ...). As these devices have built-in keyboards with a tab button, a windows button and an "ok"-button no one uses the stylus to enter tasks, notes and calendar entries.....

Would be great if you could let me know if there are any plans to support these standard button features like every other WM5 application.

Like many Windows Mobile 5 applications, Agenda Fusion remains a stylus dependent application, but we hope to improve on this in future versions.
Old 10th August 2006, 02:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Hi, I'm just testing AF8.08. As I wanted to replace Pocket Outlook I browsed through the FAQ's and found the possibility to assing AF to the pocket outlook keys. It Basically works great but what's driving me nuts is the fact the if you press the "contacts"-button if always changes the view to "agenda", no matter if AF8 is already running in the background or if it's started by this button. Is it somehow possibly to keep a specified view when using the outlook mobile buttons (or at least keep the current/last view)???

Thanks for any help.

Marc
What type of device do you have? Contacts should always take you to Contacts. Does a soft reset resolve the problem?
Old 14th August 2006, 01:07 AM

Default Better Outlook Mobile Button/Association Handling

Hi,

I did set AgendaFusion to replace to outlook Mobile buttons & associations so that when tapping on a calendar entry or pressing the "calendar" button AF8 opens instead of outlook mobile.

Problem is, AF8 does not care the slightest bit which button or action was pressed, for example: If I click on the next upcoming appointment in the today plugin, AF always opens view for today not for the upcoming appointment. or another example: when I click on the "calendar" button, AF8 always opens the today view and ignores the latest active calendar view (for example I prefer montly view, but I cannot set AF8 to do this).

It would be great if you improve this problem in one of the next releases cause I really want to replace outlook mobile but AF8 makes it really hard for me to do this cause I have to switch the views all the time or change the date to the correct day.

In short words: AF8 should behave like Outlook Mobile did and should remember the last active view.

Best regards,

Marc Elser
Old 16th August 2006, 04:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Hi,

I did set AgendaFusion to replace to outlook Mobile buttons & associations so that when tapping on a calendar entry or pressing the "calendar" button AF8 opens instead of outlook mobile.

Problem is, AF8 does not care the slightest bit which button or action was pressed, for example: If I click on the next upcoming appointment in the today plugin, AF always opens view for today not for the upcoming appointment. or another example: when I click on the "calendar" button, AF8 always opens the today view and ignores the latest active calendar view (for example I prefer montly view, but I cannot set AF8 to do this).

It would be great if you improve this problem in one of the next releases cause I really want to replace outlook mobile but AF8 makes it really hard for me to do this cause I have to switch the views all the time or change the date to the correct day.

In short words: AF8 should behave like Outlook Mobile did and should remember the last active view.

Best regards,

Marc Elser

Thanks for the feedback Marc. One way to improve things for you in the mean time is to map one of your device buttons to your favorite view such as the Month view (Start - Settings - Personal Tab - Buttons - <Desired Button> - Fusion Month). Many devices allow you to have two functions for each button, such as quick press does one thing and long press does another. Setting a long press of the Internet Explorer button for instance may give you much of what you need.
Old 21st August 2006, 07:05 PM

Default Won't overwrite moved or deleted appointments

Dear DO,

When I sync, appointments that I have moved or deleted from Outlook
will continue to appear in AF 8. Can you assist me?

Cingular 8125 WM 5