Developer One Windows Mobile Software  

Go Back   Developer One Windows Mobile Software > Agenda Fusion v7/v8 > Ask all of your Agenda Fusion 8.x questions here
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 31st May 2006, 10:18 AM

I just installed version 8.04 yesterday (new install) and I am still having occasional problems with Agenda Fusion shutting down when I attempt to edit a calander appointment.
Old 31st May 2006, 10:46 AM
Customer Services

What device are you using? Is Agenda Fusion installed to a memory card or main memory? Thank you for clarification.
Old 31st May 2006, 11:17 PM

It is on a PPC-6700 from Sprint. I had originally installed AF on the memory card. When I had the problem I thought it my be related to that, so I did a hard reset on the unit and installed AF in main memory. Same problem. In fact, it happens with the same appointment. To be honest, I don't see anything special about the appointment that could be causing AF to shutdown.
Old 1st June 2006, 11:58 AM
Customer Services

Please provide exact details of the set-up of that appointment, include all steps you did to set it up, such as is it recurring, etc., which settings did you choose, etc. Thank you.
Old 1st June 2006, 01:33 PM

The majority of my appointments were setup on my desktop through Outlook (for both the ones that work and the ones that shut down AF). Of the handful of items that shutdown AF, some have an alarm set and some don't. None of them are reoccuring appointments. Some have a category and some don't. I know that no matter which view of AF I am on (agenda, weekly, monthly, etc.), the same appointmens always shutdown AF. I have had AF 6 and AF7, and I didn't experience this with either of them. And I am doing my appointments the same way. Apart from this info, I'm not sure what information I can provide you via email. If you need additional info, please provide me a name and number. Thanks for your help.
Old 1st June 2006, 04:55 PM
Customer Services

Without specific detailed exact samples of some of your appointments that are causing the problem, we are not able to duplicate the issue.
Old 2nd June 2006, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Developer One Support
Without specific detailed exact samples of some of your appointments that are causing the problem, we are not able to duplicate the issue.

Yesterday I made a new appointment in Outlook which I called ABC, selected a location from the dropdown menu, set it for 10 AM until 10:30 AM, left the default 15 minute alarm, left the default busy, added no additional notes, and saved it. I synced the PDA, opened up AF, rightclicked the appointment and selected edit, and AF shutdown. I did the same thing again but typed in a location instead of using the drop down menu, same result.
Old 5th June 2006, 05:15 PM
Administrator

Blindsay,

Was this a recurring item?

Does the shutdown only happen when editing from Outlook while cradled with Agenda Fusion running on your device?

Do these steps "Yesterday I made a new appointment in Outlook which I called ABC, selected a location from the dropdown menu, set it for 10 AM until 10:30 AM, left the default 15 minute alarm, left the default busy, added no additional notes, and saved it. I synced the PDA, opened up AF, rightclicked the appointment and selected edit, and AF shutdown. I did the same thing again but typed in a location instead of using the drop down menu, same result." always cause the problem?
Old 5th June 2006, 06:21 PM

First, this was not a reoccuring appointment. As I mentioned before, I don't have this problem for any of my reoccuring appointments.

Second, I wasn't editing from Outlook. I made the appointment through Outlook. After it was synced with my PDA, I tried to edit it through AF on my PDA (it happens both when the unit is still docked and when it is undocked).

Lastly, the example I gave was one that just happened to shutdown AF. The support person said they needed a "specific detailed exact sample" to figure out my problem. Therefore, I found one with my first try. All of the other appointments that caused shutdowns I didn't have the "specific exact details" on them.

Also, some added info. My example used the right click, then tried to edit, then AF shutdown. If I click on the appointment to open it up to the full window, then click on the edit button on the bottom right, it still shutsdown AF.

As I mentioned before, I really think this needs a phone call to more quickly and accurately convey the issues at hand.
Old 6th June 2006, 02:37 PM

The edit button I referred to above is on the bottom left, not the bottom right. Sorry about that.