Developer One Windows Mobile Software  

Go Back   Developer One Windows Mobile Software > CodeWallet Pro 2005/2006 for Pocket PC, Smartphone, Desktop & USB devices > Ask all of your CodeWallet Pro 2005 and 2006 questions here
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th September 2006, 02:22 PM

Default Lost data in synchronization

Hi, i have any problem with synchronization. When i synchronize, some time, lost schedule from PC and PDA. The schedules, that compiled in first time, after synchronization they disappear both from the pc and from the pda. Why? How i can be sure not to lose you date? Thanks
Old 11th September 2006, 01:36 PM
Administrator

It sounds like your ActiveSync settings are set to only keep a certain amount of past appointments. Open ActiveSync on the Desktop and double click on Calendar to find the settings.
Old 11th September 2006, 03:39 PM

But Codewallet, not synchronize with Activesync. Why i must chenge setting in activesync? Anyway the settings in calendar are "all appointment".

Thanks
Old 12th September 2006, 03:42 PM
Customer Services

CodeWallet has it's own proprietary sync process. For your problem with Agenda Fusion data, you may instead need to be sure that your ActiveSync setting is to share data both to and from the device/desktop PC so that you do not have information going only one way. It certainly sounds as if your issue is with ActiveSync. Reinstall ActiveSync to be sure you have a current, fresh download of the program. You will find the free download at www.pocketpc.com
Old 13th September 2006, 01:52 AM

Sorry, but i don't have this problem with Agenda Fusion. I have this problem of synchronization with codewallet in my pda and codewallet desktop. as I can avoid the loss of data? Thanks
Old 13th September 2006, 11:01 AM
Administrator

What version of CodeWallet are you running on the Desktop and the device?

Where are you storing the wallet files (.cw5 extension) on the desktop?

Are you sure that this is the same path that is specified in your Synchronization settings on the Desktop?

Are you sure that the wallet files that you are modifying on the Desktop are the ones that are stored in your Sync Folder that you specified above?

Thanks for the clarification.
Old 19th September 2006, 06:52 AM

Default Eureka!!

Finally, i know where is the problem! When i create a new form (personalized), i have included a field "date". The problem is when i synchronize codewallet in pda with codewallet desktop and the date in determinated form is passed, codewalled delete automatically that form. Why? How can i resolve this problem? I want all form old in my pda and in desktop. Thanks

p.s. I have: codewallet pro desktop companion vers. 6.02 - codewallet pro for windows mobile vers. 6.02 and synchronize perfectly other forms.
Old 21st September 2006, 02:34 PM
Customer Services

How many times have you tried to create this custom form/card ? Is it possible that when you initially did this that you did not save the new format before synchronizing? Is it only the Date field that is custom, or do you have other fields that were custom fields also?
Old 21st September 2006, 06:17 PM

No, i use only one custom form in my job. I'm a wedding photographer and i create a new schedule every wedding. This schedules contain information on the wedding day (addresses, names, etc.) and the date of every event. I create new schedule weeks before every events, but only 2 or 3 day after the date of every events, the schedule disappear after one of many daily synchronization.
Old 26th September 2006, 03:04 PM
Customer Services

From the description you have provided, there is no reason that some of your data would be missing. Have you made changes in the same card files on both the desktop and the device such that the sync is confused? Is your sync set to go only to or from the device but not both directions? Also, did you create the custom card on the desktop and sync that custom form to your device, or did you create another custom form there also -- if they are not identical, then the sync would not work.