Developer One Windows Mobile Software  

Go Back   Developer One Windows Mobile Software > Agenda One for Windows Mobile > Ask All of your Agenda One questions here
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16th November 2006, 04:39 PM

Default On Samsung Blackjack, Letters Interpreted as Numbers

Using Samsung Blackjack (SGH-i607) - WM5 Smartphone

When searching contacts on the Samsung Blackjack, the keys that double as the numeric keypad are being interpreted as the numbers, not the alpha (e.g., pressing "J" gets interpreted by the search function as the number 6 - and works for any letter appearing on the 6 key of a phone - but not as "J")

Any thoughts???
Old 17th November 2006, 11:31 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg212
Using Samsung Blackjack (SGH-i607) - WM5 Smartphone

When searching contacts on the Samsung Blackjack, the keys that double as the numeric keypad are being interpreted as the numbers, not the alpha (e.g., pressing "J" gets interpreted by the search function as the number 6 - and works for any letter appearing on the 6 key of a phone - but not as "J")

Any thoughts???

Are you in abc mode? Switching to this mode should resolve the problem. If it does not, Select “Menu > Options > View all Options > About Agenda One" . What version are you running? 1.0.3242 - 16 Nov 2006 is currently available.
What is the fastest and easiest way to apply updates to Agenda One?

Do it quickly and right from your mobile device! If you have registered your copy of Agenda One, you may use this option:

Go to Menu > Options > All Options > About. Select Menu > Check for Updates and Agenda One will check for the latest published version. If it's newer than the version you currently have installed, you will be asked if you would like to download it. Once the download has completed, you will be prompted to install the update.

Old 17th November 2006, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_DevOne
Are you in abc mode? Switching to this mode should resolve the problem. If it does not, Select “Menu > Options > View all Options > About Agenda One" . What version are you running? 1.0.3242 - 16 Nov 2006 is currently available.
What is the fastest and easiest way to apply updates to Agenda One?

Do it quickly and right from your mobile device! If you have registered your copy of Agenda One, you may use this option:

Go to Menu > Options > All Options > About. Select Menu > Check for Updates and Agenda One will check for the latest published version. If it's newer than the version you currently have installed, you will be asked if you would like to download it. Once the download has completed, you will be prompted to install the update.

I also have a blackjack and have the same problem.

I am using version .3242

I have tried it with text mode abc and t9. Same problem.

I also tried these options, exiting AgendaOne, turning off phone and retrying. Same problem.

I hope there is a quick fix as otherwise agenda one is a great program.
Old 17th November 2006, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_DevOne

Using 1.0..3242. In the contacts browser, there doesn't appear to be a way to change entry modes (even though I've tried using Fn, Caps and Num Lock - nothing makes a difference) -

One note - In other programs, when the device is in 123 mode, the numeric keyboard is active but pressing other keys result in their alternate character being generated (i.e., punctuation or symbols) - and ABC mode allows the letters to be generated.

The behavior in Agenda One is very different where numeric keys are generating the numbers but all other keys are staying alpha. Something of a hybrid between entry modes...

Last edited by Alex_DevOne : 17th November 2006 at 05:37 PM.
Old 17th November 2006, 06:07 PM
Administrator

Default Samsung BlackJack (SGH-i607) Keyboard Fix

We have a new build to address this issue. This build is not officially posted yet, please confirm that it resoves the issue for you. Right now it is only in CAB format (no desktop installer) so you will need to launch the CAB file directly from your device.

Here are the changes:
- Updated to handle differences in keyboard processing on Samsung i607 (Cingular BlackJack)
- Update to fix text symbols in search in Contacts view

Here is the link to the CAB:
http://files.developerone.com/agend...ndaone_3261.cab

Old 17th November 2006, 07:27 PM

Yes this fix works. Thanks for the very quick response!
Old 17th November 2006, 10:19 PM

Now I have to fork over thed cash since it works right, goodshow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 20th November 2006, 01:33 AM

Had the same problem myself. Your update did indeed fix this.

Is there a registry tweek for this because I'm having this exact same problem in multiple programs that I use (Phone Alarm, Photo Contacts 4 Pro, etc).

Any help that you might be able to give so us Blackjack users can address this globally?

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give.

Brian
Old 20th November 2006, 06:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by briandhuff
Had the same problem myself. Your update did indeed fix this.

Is there a registry tweek for this because I'm having this exact same problem in multiple programs that I use (Phone Alarm, Photo Contacts 4 Pro, etc).

Any help that you might be able to give so us Blackjack users can address this globally?

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give.

Brian

I am glad we were able to quickly resolve the issue. The keyboard input on this device is unlike any other device we have, and the keyboard fix is one that is specific to our application. Unfortunately this is something that each developer will have to address in their own way. It is not as simple as a registry edit.
Old 20th November 2006, 06:10 PM

Sigh, I was afraid of that.

Thank you very much for your input, I'll keep plugging away at the other developers.